Thursday, April 29, 2004

Big Decision

I have decided to apply for the American citizenship. I have putting it off for so long and I just can't stand not being able to do the things I would like to do. I can't vote. I think that was one of the most important points, but there are so many other reasons. I just feel like I should. I live here, pay taxes, I am eligible for social security, and have so many other benefits here. The least I should do is to become a citizen.
So, I have been looking around online trying to find all the information etc. First thing is that I have to be a legal resident for at least 3 years if I'm married to an American citizen, which I am. However, even though I have been here for almost five years I didn't get my "Green Card" until two years ago. So I have to wait, but I can prepare everything and study!!!! I didn't think they still test you, but I think it's good. It'll force me to learn more about the US. Who knows maybe I'll go into American History afterwards??? Just kidding.
I already have a plan of what I'm going to do once I am a real American, but I keep that a secret for now.
INS here I come!!!!!

No comments: