Friday, September 02, 2005

Unbelievable – Or is it?

I always listen to a local radio station in Hamburg, Germany via the Internet.
And they just some expert on catastrophes named Robert Schmidt on because of the hurricane.
As expected he critize a lot but what got me was that he clearly said that this could not ever happen in Germany, mainly because German people were more civilized. He really said that. Wow.

In other news, I found out today that my husband’s cousin was one of those people who decided to stay in New Orleans, where he is now. He said he was doing fine and that he had enough water and food left.

Also, like a lot of people in DC area, my husband went with about 12 people from his Chief Petty Officer Association (CPOA) to the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Northwest Washington to help the refugees from the Gulfport home move into their new homes (for now). He said it was really sad to see some of those people, but he thought the organizers did a great job trying to put everything together on such a short notice.

Ok, that’s it from me for now.

No comments: