Monday, January 07, 2008

This is the year!!

I know I am a little late with my New Year’s post, but I am a very busy person, especially when I am off from work:)

I realized New Year’s Eve that I would become a mother this year. I obviously knew I was pregnant, but saying next year always put it off and made it seem very far away. Not so anymore though, as now I find myself considering all the “next Year” scenarios. Next Christmas will be with the little one. Heck, even my birthday this year will include the cutest little newborn ever conceived (no, I am not exaggerating).

Also, the little worm has gotten big and human-like recently which makes it all more real too. I was excited to read last week that he or she now poops. Isn’t that great? Next week we have another appointment again and I am hoping that we will be able to see him or her again, although I am aware that always are ultra sounds performed. We’ll see.

One negative development is that not both of my parents will be able to come see us this summer. They both just were here over the holidays, so financially that is kind of tough as well as the fact that my dad can’t take any time off. He works for a TV station and because of the Olympics they will be very busy. But maybe my mom will overcome all her anxiety and actually make the trip by herself. In any case we will go to Germany as soon as the doctor says it’s OK for both of us. That is a trip I am looking forward to.

Not that I want to continue with the negativity here, but we have recently found out that my little nephew is not doing too well either. He was hospitalized on New Year’s Day and had emergency surgery, but was doing well until yesterday when new complications occurred. I am actually still waiting to hear from somebody over there to see if there are any new developments. I am sure he will be fine but my parents were not so optimistic. Since he was born he has struggled with his ability to breathe and has had a Tracheotomy performed. He also has a feeding tube since he is unable to eat. Overall he has grown normally, but his development is way behind. He is unable to talk, walk and doesn’t move much either. I just hope that he makes it.

No comments: