Friday, May 09, 2003

Well...I am back.....with good news

I don't really know why it took me so long to finally post again. I guess I just didn't have the time to write anything.

I have something good to write about though.
I am German citizen and am married to an American (sailor). I have my green card an all that but I really wanted to become a naturalized citizen, However, I wanted to keep my German citizenship since at some point my husband and I would like to move to Germany.
So I felt kind of stuck since I thought I can't get one without giving up the other. But....I found out that Germany passed a law some time back which gives people, like me the opportunity to ask the German government for a special permission to keep the German citizenship and apply for the American one.....And...I also found out that I do NOT have to wait three or five years to apply for my citizenship because my husband serves in the Armed Service and therefore I receive special consideration!!!!!
I think that is so cool and I am so excited about this....now I have to get a million documents together and have them notarized and send the off along with 250 Euros to Germany...well, I gladly pay that.
So, maybe soon I too will be a real American!!!!!!

No comments: