Monday, October 03, 2005

Made it

The weekend is over and I am still doing OK.
Besides going to the Oktoberfest, which was OK, this weekend was very special, because Saturday was the very first day my husband officially retired from the United States Navy!!!
He celebrated by going fishing and getting a real nice sunburn. His brother called from Kuwait (he is in the California National Guard), and wanted to tease him about being old and retired. But I reminded my brother in law that he is actually the older of the two.
Anyway, so now that we’re not active duty anymore things are going to change a little bit. Well, they have been different every since his last day in mid July.
One very important fact is a “civilian” job, which he has yet to find. But we’re still OK. I keep telling my parents that we are not YET having to move to Florida, because surely the money we’ll be making by selling our house here will buy us a nice little home down there (at least a double wide!!). Just kidding.
So, that was my weekend. Oh, and I had steak too!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you keep in touch, kiddo. No more disappearing, ok? :D

Blogeline said...

That's the great thing about the blogosphere....I could be in Alaska and still be around, as long as I have Internet.