Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Anchors Aweigh

Note: I started writing this post early this morning and forgot about it so I am posting it now.

On September 16th all new Chief Petty Officers get frocked.
Congratutions to all of you!

Stand Navy out to sea, Fight our Battle Cry;
We'll never change our course, So vicious foe steer shy-y-y-y.
Roll out the TNT, Anchors Aweigh. Sail on to Victory
And sink their bones to Davy Jones, Hooray!

Anchors Aweigh, my boys, Anchors Aweigh.
Farewell to foreign shores,
We sail at break of day-ay-ay-ay.
Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam,
Until we meet once more.
Here's wishing you a happy voyage home.

Blue of the Mighty Deep; Gold of God's Sun
Let these colors be till all of time be done, done, done,
On seven seas we learn Navy's stern call:
Faith, Courage, Service true, with Honor, Over Honor, Over All.


The reason why I am posting this is because right now all the new Chiefs are getting initiated and I constantly have this song stuck in my head.

No comments: