Wednesday, October 05, 2005

So?

It seems a lot of people are a little offended by a window display at the new part of Tyson’s Corner shopping mall.
The local TV station has a report (with pictures) and the WaPo has an article on it as well.
"Well," said Steina Rubin of Bethesda, "I find it just totally disgusting." And, no, she would not be shopping there. "I'm not entering a whorehouse," she said. "I come to the mall with my daughter. It's disgusting. And I'm from Europe !"
Disgusting? Whorehouse?

Personally I don’t see the problem, but I guess it’s because I grew up in a city that has a red light district and I knew what a prostitute was before I really understood what kind of services she is really offering. So, in my opinion, Victoria’s Secret sells not cotton panties but real nice lingerie and unless you have no windows people are going to see mannequins wear them. They’re not even real people. So, relax everybody, ok?

Oh and just in case you people want to complain about something else. Target will be selling vibrators soon.

1 comment:

Suave 1 said...

I am glad someone else noticed the news about the victoria's secret thing, it is an outrage to me. It's an outrage that there are groups of people out there trying to put pressure through the media, and through their emails, about boycotting a vanilla plain store, that does nothing but try and help women look and feel sexy.
Take a look at:
http://traditionalvalues.org/

it's crazy, don't these people have anything better to do?
I guess having a large readership and emaillist is like having an army, if there are no new enemies to fight, ya gotta start picking some ya never though of before..

I think groups and media like this just have a power trip going on, and they can not stop themselves from hurting businesses with their clot.. and then there are all those followers..

But I bet Victorias busniess will increase from the publicity...
S